Begin Stage I
- Identify the most heavily-used files by using sos, filrpt, or another 3rd party utility.
- Run fscheck as described in the user's guide.
- Run the batch job: jdefragx.defragx.lps.
- Run the defrag command on the specific files or file-sets identified in step
Note: DO NOT run the defrag command on @.@.@.
- Run condense on the Ldevs involved in the running of step 4.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 in small increments at a time as necessary.
Example:defrag a group, condense the drives, defrag another group, condense the drives, etc....
- Run a final condense of the system after everything is finished.
- You are done with Stage I
Begin Stage II
- After the files have been defragmented, you want to go back and spread (fragment) those files evenly across all of the drives in the volume_set. If you only have the system_volume_set, then DO NOT include Ldev 1 in the spread. For example: FRAGMENT TO 2,3,4,5. Notice that Ldev1 has been omitted. If you do have private/user volumes, you are restricted from crossing volume_set boundaries.
- After you have "Spread/Fragmented" your files across the Ldevs in the set, run a final condense.
- You are done with Stage II.
For more information please contact a customer service representative at
To submit an email, please click here.
NOTE: You must be a registered user to access Lund Performance Solutions' support services. Lund Performance Solutions' support services are subject to Lund Performance Solutions' prices, terms, and conditions in place at the time the service is used.